Monday, January 21, 2008

Here's why I started this blog


The impetus to start this blog stemmed from my desire to sync plaxo, jigsaw, salesforce.com, linkedin, outlook and blackberry. I always find myself deleting duplicate contacts, etc. and none of the contacts I have in each of these is ever really synced up well. I sent a note into my IT dept to see if they had any insights and someone suggested making Outlook the hub of the process. As I'll discuss later, that makes sense. But when I look at each of these contact databases, something like the diagram below comes to mind.


That's partially the point of this Contact and Calender Syncronization writeup created a year ago. As you can see from the image below, it goes to the complexity that every day people are facing as new gadgets come along and we try to keep a unified view of our work and personal life.


No comments: